Friday 30 January 2004

Hey, Emma blogged! Great. I was just wandering through town after getting off work early, and I thought I could blog, but nothing much has happened today, so I'm not sure what to write. The more perceptive among you will have noticed that I must have left work a bit early today, and it's true. I just started my first month of police civilian processing today, and it's huuuuuge. But apparently it's mostly easy. Busy time of the moth this - everyone's phoning up to query their pay advices, so we do less work. I got quite tired. Don't know what to do this weekend. I've still got to work out what holiday to take. I've got to take 5 days before April, lest I lose them forever. Hmm.

I was trying to find a particular place behind the Pyramids swimming centre-type-place. I never did, but I did find a monument to a couple of 16th century protestants who "suffered" for a) denying the supremacy of the pope and b) denying the doctrine of transubstantiation.

I might be going back on the Choral Society committee again. Wendy PolishSurname didn't want to be the open-place rep last year, and neither does she now. I understand she's been doing it for five years now. In any case, the open place rep is there to represent the non-student members of the choir. I've provisionally volunteered, because it would be far better if the open place rep was older I think. I can in no wise claim to really represent the choir in chronological magnitude. We're singing Mendelsson's (sp? - can't be arsed to look it up) Elijah. There's a fairly ridiculous phrase:-
There came a fiery chariot, with fiery, fiery horses[...].

(that is to say, ridiculous as a phrase, not as a concept) which gets even more absurd as you mediate it through a Westcountry choir.

I just noticed the library computers have MSN. Wow!