Thursday 1 January 2004

Happy New Year! Aha, I guess this is the last entry before I go into semi-blog retirement again.

Went to Ruth's last night, which was a relaxed affair involving trivial pursuits (together Ruth and I were an unstoppable force) jenga and the listing game. The listing game, which is awesome, had the most longevity. My brothers and I were there, as was Ruth, naturlich, Emma, grumpy Sarah and Grumpy Sarah's boyfriend Simon. Grumpy Sarah was in genial spirits.

This morning as I drove to Frimley Park, which is the hospital Sophie countess of Wessex was in for a bit, to collect Mum I listened to a bit of Radio 4. Apparently Radio 4 has been running some kind of competition to dream up a new parliametary bill. The one which won was something along these lines - "To legalize all and every form of self-defence in the home". Good grief, somehow I'd expected a more easygoing and positive bill. I suppose most of R4's listeners are at an age where they might break easily though. Also strange because Radio 4 is pretty much the only media outlet can think off that doesn't put morality, private and public, only implicitly into it's programming. I reckon someone's put subliminal messages in the shipping forecast.