Tuesday 11 May 2004

Hello. I don't think I'll be able to bring things up to speed in 25mins, but let's just see.

Had the barbecue. It was alright - good to see people. Not many drank the punch, but it was goooooood. Very windy day - lots of stop-startage. Will and Rosie were the first to arrive, and apparently they stayed for three hours, though it seemed like five minutes. The chaplaincy lot turned up a bit late, apparently because I said not to come early. I fear that my literalism is often mistaken for hints. I don't do hints. Juggling and eating and Dr. Shaw and Mino and some of Rob's friends one of which I'd never nmet in my life but seemed personable enough. Went on for quite a long time altogether, and Zosh and Lisa even came back. Madness.

Irene's back, which is nice. I like Irene. I also like the fact that she offered to lend me her Peugot 306 for three months. Well there you are. I mentioned the blog, and she said she had one before they were even called blogs. However, it's password-protected, and I hardly think that counts. Said Peugot got use today as well, as Tessa, Rachel and myself were driven down to Beer. Apparently it's recon for when Irene's family visit. We wandered round, Rachel bought tonnes of small gifts for her friends, Tessa killed a defenceless creature and we collected shells. There is talk of using them for "dip" receptacles. I doubt it. Rachel taught us this incredibly catchy antiphon, which was in my head all the way to work yesterday, and the some.
Jubilate Deo omnes terra
Servite Domino (sic - surely not) in laetitia
Alleluia, alleluia, in laetitia
Alleluia, alleluia, in laetitia

You sing it in canon and it rocks, and no, I don't know how to spell it.

So I actually did get to go to the pub quiz this week. I think I brought bad luck though, as we didn't win. Got booze though. It was apparently a lot harder this week. Not too much to say about that really though. Came back to ours afterwards and engaged in a bit of sleep deprivation/Monkeyball. It was something of a self-affirmatory session as the gospel that day was "by this shall all men know that you are my disciples. James got serious at one point, and I tried to too, but no-one was in the mood for that, and I was practically asleep myself.

After a day which was survived rather than worked through (go to bed earlier you prune) I decided to go to the cathedral. I didn't intend to go home, as we were going bowling later. On the way, it rained profoundly, and I was immoderately dampened. I abused my position as Will's friend to get a lift to my house from outside the cathedral, which had been closed because of the rain ("Sanctuary!") and got changed as hurriedly as a damp Mark can. Will provided beans on toast and then we went bowling.

I kicked at bowling.

Sorry I'm running out of time - anyway, that's about the size of it. I wish you well, whoever you are.