Tuesday 18 November 2003

Hello again. Yes, yesterday I wandered over to the festering pile of washing up and proceeded to lay the smack down on it. Rob came along after a little while and helped. I think it took about an hour and three quarters to do it, and I didn't bother with anyone's pots apart from mine. There wasn't much else that happened yesterday, except that while I was out earning a crust (literally) some guys came and installed broadband in our house; honestly, the nerve of it. Anyway, I am bound not to use it as I'm not paying for it, so I don't have very much to say about it.

Today went pretty okay, at least for me, in terms of work. Deadline for the main payment run for this week is tomorrow, and I'm close to having finished except I guess I'll have to sort the post tomorrow, which might slow me down. Currently I'm doing the K payroll, which if for various things including meal-time assistants, or "MTA"s, if you're in a hurry. MTAs are those people who you may remember from your childhood as the dinnerladies that stood in the the playground and made sure the kids weren't screwing around too much; the thin blue-collar line if you will.

James bought me a DVD player today, which I will pay him back for. It currently either in it's box, or being messed around with by James, as I'm just trying to get ready for CU tonight. It plays VCDs, which means that I may be able to gradually burn all my videos to CDs and significantly reduce my shelf-space. Huzzah! It should also play CDs, CDs of MP3s, CDs of JPGs and some other things too.

Today Paul texted me to ask if James and I had finished the adventure game yet. We've been working on it for a year theoretically. So no, of course we haven't. Rome wasn't built in a day - neither, in fact, was Bognor Regis, so there you go.