Monday 17 November 2003

Well I've finally done it, I've applied to go into teaching! Ahhhhhhhhhhh.
I've been thinking about it for ages and have finally applied after going into a school the other week. It was quite good. The English lesson that I sat in was a little dull but then I never liked English. And the Maths lesson I sat in was very different and much more fun than the maths lessons I remember at school, although I think I need to brush up on my mental arithmetic. It was very helpful talking to teachers and current PGCE students.

School never really changes though. Walking up to the school I noticed that all the boys were messing about and all the girls were wearing skirts up to their armpits. I'm sure we were not allowed to wear skirts that short at school (not that I ever wore them I hated skirts).

Oh and someone set a stink bomb off in the corridor while we were there. Not that I noticed as I have no sense of smell. I did wonder why this girl in the corridor was pulling such a face though.

I think it might be a bit scary standing up in front of a full class of teenagers and trying to keep there attention and stuff but I think I could do it with a bit of practise.