Saturday 15 November 2003

Saturday morning was a very post-event morning, as I lolloped about doing nothing much. I think I actually ran into Andy as soon as I got to the front room, and we chatted for a bit. By "we" I mean the whole present company. While Andy and Dan met Briony at the Boston Tea Party, James, Rob and I wandered round town, I to do proper food shopping, they to investigate the possibilities of the burgeoning videotronic game industry. Jamesbought Metroid Prime, and I came very close to buying a DVD player despite knowing that my finances are far from in order. Today (Sunday) I leanr that Mum and Dad will pay for it as a Christmas present, so Jamesmight pick it up for me on Tuesday. While stocks last though...

The day just kind of rolled along after we got back, with me doing Saturday things, like laundry and room-cleaning, until Luke arrived. We had planned... well, not planned at all really an inter-house reunion to tie in with And being here. It didn't quite come off, but it was still a good thing to do I think. Gavin didn't show, and Mino didn't deign to come to our house. He went to the Lemmy, which was the only reason I went. The entrance fee is a ludicrous £3. Apparently, five pints makes it economically viable. Four is about my limit, and I'd had three at the house. I didn't much want to engage is some kind of day of vomit on Sunday, so I would have gone home, except that Andy bribed me the said amount. I did enjoy the Lemmy, but it's a pretty dire place to get into the habit of going to I think. We danced; I danced like a maniac, which is my raisin Dietrich and Mino enacting the orbits of our solar system through the medium of dance to various kicking beats and firm young melodies. Andy he say this is how academics dance. I couldn't say.

Bed