Sunday 4 April 2004

The Curt Jester reminds me that pretty soon it's going to be the anniversary of about a gazillion Catholics being received into the Church. This fact has sort of drifted past me before, but it's great! It's like having another birthday or something.

In fact, come to think of it, my baptism is even more like one big collaborative birthday - Born again, of water and the spirit on the same liturgical day as the liturgical birth of our Lord.

And then there's Pentecost, and that's the Church's birthday, which is to say the body of Christ, which is to say "Huzzah! Once more, it is my and many other people's birthday!"

This religion thing can be fun, although perhaps you're finding all this far less engaging than I am.

It's no good though, I think the Queen is still one birthday ahead of me.