Saturday 24 April 2004

I added some links to entries where people introduced themselves to ease comprehension. If people want to post new ones, I guess I'll notice, and change the links.

I never wrote an introduction for myself, on the assumption that no-one who didn't know who I was would want to read a blog about my life. That's what this used to be you know - a personal blog. In recent times however, I've opened it up to the input of my near relations.

I, that is Mark Dobson, am a chap. My parents were good enough to give me a Christian upbringing (thank you) and I was recently received into the Catholic Church. I rather expect that I'm not the best person to try and summarise my personality, but I think I'd better give it a shot - for the sake of completeness you know. Quiet, generally calm and easygoing, pedantic. Although, as I say, I'm quite quiet, I like arguing with people at times. I have a violent dislike of being wrong about things, which sometimes leads to people to think that my opinion is worth seeking. I have a (ahem) catholic taste in art, mostly music and film, ranging from the gratuitously awkward to the tragically banal. I like Top of the Pops.

I live in Exeter, from whence I graduated with a, if I may be permitted to say so, first class degree in English studies. After a little time spent sponging off the state, I found a job as a payroll assistant for Devon County Council. I don't seem to do very much, but I do sing in the Exeter University Choral Society.

That should just about do it I think.