Monday 26 April 2004

Hello. I suppose if I'd had anything much about the weekend to blog, I would have blogged it at the weekend. James is back now though, so such things are less likely to occur.

Stayed up too late bumming around in James' room. Just as well Rob doesn't seem to have arrived back either, or I probably would nevr have got round to going to bed. Where is he anyway? Surely he has things to be doing.

Got sunburn on Saturday, sitting in the garden reading. It was quite irritating this morning getting up, but it seems workable now. Work is relaxed, but I don't seem to be getting much done. And no - that's not the reason. Remunerations keep thwarting me, so I think I'll start seeting some people up instead.

Seem to be spoiling myself recently - choc ices and Tunnock's Caramel Wafer Bars - mmmmm. And fruit - nature's candy. And beer. And nice cereal. And the weather is gratuitously pleasant. Why does it never rain on me? I think the reason I don't read so much these days is because a) I don't have to, and b) because it's boring to sit inside and read, whereas it is pleasant to sit outside and read. There are some nice places in Duryard - as opposed to our joke of a back garden - so I might spend some more time round there at the weekends, trying not to look too dodgy, which might work, as the students have come back now.

I love this time of year. But I wonder how I will stop myself from being envious when the students finish exams and, despite being concerned about their respective futures, are able to freely revel in it.