Friday 19 January 2007

Football grounds updated

So with the City game and my recent(ish) visit to Coventry's new ground, my ground count is now up to 30. I appear to have miscounted last time, since 29 plus 2 doesn't usually equal 30. I probably counted Wembley twice. It is down there twice. I apologise to all who've been upset by this error.

EDIT: Have added Coventry's old ground. Make that 31 stadia.

EDIT 2: Have added three more grounds per Dad (QPR, Spurs & Arsenal). That brings it up to 34.

Wednesday games

Hillsborough (Sheff Wed)
Boothferry Park (Hull)
Wembley (Rumbelows cup final vs Man Utd)
The Dell (Southampton)
Pride Park (Derby)
City Ground (Nottingham Forest)
Highbury* (Arsenal)
Loftus Road* (QPR)
White Heart Lane* (Spurs)
Manor Ground* (Oxford United)
Goldstone Ground* (Brighton & Hove Albion)
Highfield Road* (Coventry)
Villa Park (Aston Villa)
Turf Moor (Burnley)
Craven Cottage (Fulham)
Fratton Park (Portsmouth)
Priestfield Stadium (Gillingham)
Edgeley Park (Stockport)
Boundary Park (Oldham)
Kenilworth Road (Luton)
Millenium Stadium (League One playoff final vs Hartlepool)
Madjedski Stadium (Reading)
KC Stadium (Hull)
Ricoh Arena (Coventry)
Eastlands (Manchester City)

- Reserves/Friendlies

Old Trafford (Man Utd) - for the reserve cup final last season
Broadfield Stadium (Crawley Town) - preseason friendly
Moss Rose (Macclesfield) - preseason friendly

Farnborough Town

Cherrywood Road (Farnborough Town)
Kingfield (Woking)

Random

Oakwell (Barnsley vs Brighton)
Wembley (England vs Italy friendly)
Finnair Stadium (Jokerit vs TPS and HJK Helsinki vs FC Lahti)
Bramall Lane (Sheff Utd)
Llanelian Road (Colwyn Bay vs Bradford City)



*These are grounds that I've either no, or a vague recollection of visiting, and I'm taking Dad's word for it that I've been to a game there. I think this is fair enough: I started going to games when I was 11, and I didn't have much of a memory back then either.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

will you go for the 92? (of which you have 21, discounting 7 stadia not associated with league sides and boothferry park \ the Goldstone since they've both moved).

Adrian said...

Probably not. I'm more interested in seeing Wednesday play than "collecting" grounds. I'm going to keep tabs - obviously if I get to 70 or so, I might as well try and get round the rest. In hindsight I could have made more use of the stint in League One. Oh well.

Anonymous said...

you also went to a Coventry match at the previous ground with me. Was it called Highfield Road then