Thursday 18 December 2003

Ah luv you Jenny... Well that's the only reason I can think why I'd be blogging now rather than watching, say Fargo or Sharpe's Company. As it is, I'm at home, trying to do a summary of the week and microwaving the Christmas pudding I got free (well...) with the mince pies I bought for the carol service. Yesterday I said to Dan that I wanted to eat it with custard, but now I can't be arsed. Which means it's only me and Norris eating it, as Dan left this morning.

Got a card this morning from Ella - thank you Ella. It had a balloon in it. Now all I need is a special pot for putting things in.

Today I got into work half an hour early to try and build up my flexi-time. This is because I've booked Friday afternoon off for a work meal/party thing in Topsham, but if I go four hours into debit, someone may decide to have words with me. Also, given that I was an hour longer than usual at lunch on Tuesday for the carol service, I thought I'd better catch up a bit anyway. There was a Thing at work today - theoretically a party in miniature, but it didn't really work too well. We stopped working for a bit, and even had our phones blocked, so that we could chat and have sherry and mince pies with clotted cream. What happened was that some managers and various people from upstairs crammed into the central aisle and chatted amongest themselves whilst we chatted amongst ourselves a bit. Ralph seemed to think I was liable to get drunk at work, so he warned me off, which I thought was a bit much. I was amazed at how many people don't like mince pies, and sherry come to that. I mean it's not my favourite drink in the world, but it's Christmassy and it was free. I really lagged towards the end of the day, to the point where (horror) I drank coffee. Lyn got it for me from the machine, which I later discovered was Nescafe (horror). I noticed in the police index a "JAM Burns" which is, I'm sure, a very painful burn.

Neil and I were going to see Return of the King, but I didn't have my phone on me - it's not working very well at all - so I went over to Loyes to see Neil about it, and then he dropped me in town. I quickly discovered that the showings were both sold out, but I couldn't contact Neil so, I had to send a text when I got back. I finally got a Christmas present for Mum and then trundled back.

I got back, said hello to Norris. Also found a couple of Christmas cards, one from Ruth and one from Paul. Paul's one maintained it wasn't a proper Christmas card, but contained £1.50 to buy one with. It portrays three moustachioed gentleman standing in a row with the caption "Lick me till I scream".