Wednesday 17 December 2003

Today Lyn's neck was not good enough for her to come in. This left me sort of isolated for the day, as I sit, in an open-plan office, facing the wall - neat huh? One of the managers, Glenn, sits next to me as well, but these managers are always coming and going.

I wasn't sure whether or not Christians together at County Hall (we need a catchier name) was meeting today, given that we had the whole carol service thing yesterday, and also a prayer meeting on Monday. I turned up in case, and there were only Janet and myself, but that meant we could just talk, which was very helpful actually, kicking around some ideas about the incarnation, how God shows his love, conversion experiences and the ideal of Christian unity.

RCIA was today, and it was on sacraments in general. RCIA is starting to irritate me a bit - you have to work to get a word in, which is, I'm sure, not exactly ideal. It does tend to consist of a series of monologues, though everyone means well. At one point someone asked what grace was, and sister Anna Maria ended up talking about the sacraments instead. That kind of thing tends to get my goat. It finished late too, and I had to rush home to do my laundry.

I got back to find Dan and his Dad in the front room, in genial spirits. We talked a bit about random things and then watched the first episode of Spaced.