Sunday 25 December 2005

Hello again. Just been to this morning's mass, and I gather that everyone else is at St. Martin's, so may as well blog. Though I could organise the presents into piles for optimum unwrappage, which is certainly not without precedent.

Well, yesterday was fun, but I didn't do very much owing to a persistent headache-type deal. A headache doesn't heighten my appreciation of Bach's Mass in B minor it would seem. I guess I'll try again later. Radio 3 has got Bach right into my head at the moment - seem to be relentlessly humming it.

Midnight mass was very good, the morning mass was okay too. Did I mention that St. Peters and St. John's looks kind of like a barn? Well it does - a very apt Christmas venue.

Kerfuffle about contacting Monica, but she phoned this morning, which was lovely. They've opened their presents already, being an hour ahead. Apparently I've been announced in Italy now, so everyone's very interested to meet me.

Eep.

On the plus side, it prompted a toast, and I think I'm right in saying that no-one has ever toasted me before.

Well Nicholas is back; he won't get over-excited on his own - he need me to boss him into it, so I'd better get cracking!

Merry Christmas everybody - woo!