Sunday 21 September 2003

Despite what Adrian said on Saturday morning we were mostly practising patterns. I now know my next two patterns so should be alright for the tournament. Not quite so sure on the sparring though. But then I was sparring mostly with Sue and Naomi and they are both blue belts I think, unlike my measly yellow tag. And that was the first time ever that I'd had a go at sparring with all the equipment and stuff. Hopefully get a bit more practise before the tournament. It was good though as they were able to point out stuff I was doing wrong and where my weaknesses were.

Me and Ade went to a party last night. Unfortunately at 8 o'clock when we were supposed to be getting there Ade realised that to get to Dave and Zorana's (I think thats how you spell it) house warming party he would need either of Daves new address or phone number which were both written down on a piece of paper in his office at uni. So after wandering down the road that we thought Daves flat was on and seeing if we could see anyone who looked like they were going to a party and failing, Ade decided to go into uni and get the piece of paper while I went to the off licence to get some beer. Needless to say we got there eventually and spent the night talking to Dave and lots of people we'd never met before from Zoranas lab. We only noticed how late it had got on the way home because all the pubs were shut - it was only 2am. I still don't know how it got to 2am I'm sure we weren't there that long.