Monday 8 September 2003

Well I'm signed back on again, but I also managed to get my few days of holiday with Mum and Dad in Lyme Regis, where I also get to see Adrian and Emma. On the way back home I asked for my P45 from Workbase. I was rather heavily over-taxed at Easter, but armed with a P45 I should see some of the moolah coming where it's needed.

I got back to find that Mum's forms from the NHS that she asked me to look out for are here "with compliments". I did some preliminary stuff in looking for a few new jobs, phoning and e-mailing people to ask for application packs. One job is at the guild and one job within about two minutes walk of the house in Ex. I also thought that I might be able to be a researcher for some headhunting people. It sounded like it from the job description anyway.

* * *

The rest of the day was pretty uneventful. Here are some thing I watched/listened to:
Which is all very good if you like that kind of thing. I don't think I'll watch The Games at 6 again - they just keep on recycling the same clips - but I'm liking the 9 o' clocks. Three things - a) Why is Miss World being called Miss World? I heard her real name (Azra Akin) only a couple of times. It's a bit, well it seems rude almost. She was representing Turkey I see. Does she live in England then? If not it seems a very random choice of person. b) I remember that I'm meant to dislike James Hewit for a reason involving Diana, but I can't remember exactly what c) Bobby Davro looks sort of intense. If you didn't catch it, the commentator said he looked like someone who had just killed his mother. It was quite a bonus to see, in the capacity of So Solid Harvey's other half, the incredible shouting woman that is Alesha Dixon. I'd like Mel C to win I think. I don't think Miss World has a great chance of winning, but I'd love to see her win at that swingy thing which I don't know the name of.

Clement Freud was again rather poor on Just a Minute, which was a shame. He just kept on stopping randomly - not like him at all. I think it was the first appearance of Chris Neill(sp?) who was pretty funny, and much better than Nicholas cheery-doormat Parsons at spotting repetitions. Linda Smith was also on. I think the Clue must have been a repeat, because she was on that too. Does Linda Smith do stand-up? If not, then how did she get famous? She seems only to be on R4 and Countdown occasionally. She told the same joke on both shows, involving "braless TV gardener, Alan Titchmarsh".

I meant to say something about David Blaine. I'm quite worried about David Blaine. I'm sure it's possible to fast for 44 days, but it doesn't exactly seem advisable. It did certainly serve to remind me of a huge biblical understatement; doctors were worrying about the state of Blaine's internal organs under the strain of massive weight loss, and of hallucinations. If you're anything like me, you don't think too much about these things usually - but sheesh.

* * *

For some reason I forgot to metion that Clive and Jenny (aunt and uncle don'cha know) swung by as well.. They kindly took a little detour on their jorney to return my coat to me. They didn't stay very long, but I did give them one of the awesome family trees that Mum's been making and a pictures of me holding a fake scroll and looking particularly spotty. I don't know whether I said this already, but you'd have thought that they could airbrush graduation photos for you wouldn't you?