Thursday 18 September 2003

Hello. Would have blogged yesterday, but the computer was being very string-like.

What I do need to say (I shall finish this post off later) is that my mobile's on the fritz, so you may have to find some other way of contacting me should you want to, until I get to Exeter, where I shall be able to sort it out. I already have a text I can't read, an answerphone message I can't listen to (usually a blessing), and
a ten o' clock alarm I can't turn off. Ah well.

Today Nick, Ruth and I went to see Pirates of the Carribean in Basingstoke. A good film. Engaging schlock with swords and corsets. Actually, it probably would have been better without the corsets. Fun though, and Mr. Depp was great, as Adrian and Nick both say. Nick also mentioned Neil, the random guy who joined us there. He was a bit weird, but I don't think he actually believed that the matrix was real. He seemed like a nice guy. Nicholas was polite enough not to mention that I didn't give him a lift home though he had walked to the cinema. I think Ruth was quite worried by him, though she tried to downplay it. In an act of blatant witness which I thought was very admirable he said entirely without prompting that he was a "committed Christian". He said he'd been clinically depressed for two years, or perhaps it was "struggling with depression" for two years. He also mentioned that after jesus-is-lord.com he'd thought of killing himself. In the end he said he decided not to because life was holy. jesus-is-lord is a site that I can believe would induce suicide. It'd be good to pray for its designer and for the people who come across it.