Wednesday 18 October 2006

Well, I 've been a good girl today. I went running a bit. I said to my dad on the phone "dad, guess what I've done today, I went running!" He said the world is coming to an end because he can't remember me running. He asked me " How long? 1 hour?" "Well... dad just 10-15 minutes..." He started laughing and he still is.

I tried to run in the past with my friends, but is not easy in my village. Either you run in the street hoping that nobody will run over you or you go in the countryside where there is no straight road and everything is up hill.
Once Margherita and I joined the village football team during their preparation. The coach, who knows us since we were children, wouldn't stop laughing at us! But we went, we managed to follow them for the first 5 minutes and then they disappeared.

Anyway, I would like to try this time. I am quite stressed these days and I need to release the tension otherwise I will go mad. So tonight after coming back from Uni, I went running. Just 10-15 minutes, but it's a start. I immediately felt better. I like the fresh air and the wind in my face. It was really refreshing and relaxing and now I can feel a lot of oxygen in my body!!!

But I need help because I don't know how to run. My dad suggested stretching first for a bit, start running, stop running walking fast for 2 minutes and stretch a bit, start running again for 2 minutes and then stop start again for 3 minutes and so on. So that I will manage to run for more than 10 minutes. I don't know. What is recommended to do? I don't know.And what about food? One should eat before or after? My dad recommend me to bring with me water with lemon, which is enough for my 10 minutes running, I think. And how often? I was thinking twice maybe three time per week.

I do feel a lot better after only 10 minutes, it sounds ridiculous I know, but there you are. I am easily pleased. Once back from running I did a bit of stretching in my bedroom and some exercises I remembered from my dance classes.

Tomorrow I'm meeting the Director of Modular Degree for the SML so that she can complete the form for my tuition grant, and then hopefully it will be just a matter of sending the form and the documents. Oh and there is the part-time job faire tomorrow, I hope it will be helpful.