Sunday 4 May 2003

I think I got up fairly early today, but the first thing I actually got round to doing was going to Mass with James, which starts at 1130, so it wasn't exactly a rushed morning. It was about it still being Easter, and still a celebratory time. The next big thing is Pentecost of course, which should also be pretty celebratory - looks like it's party time for some time, liturgically speaking. In the spirit of Easter then, I had a couple of free beers. I got one off James (payment for Tingle-related services) and then after a while Fr. Paul asked if anyone wanted a drink. I'm pretty much always in the mood for a beer, so forth it came. Also, the after-Mass food was partially vegetarian, which was great. 5 Cowley Bridge Rd. being very near, we popped in to ask some questions about things we forgot to ask the first time. Mostly this involved a scan through the contract. I still don't know whether I can afford to live in Exeter. It's basically just a question of me deciding to do it, but I'm not sure. Anyway, James is sorted for next year, so it's all to the good. I think it was on the way to Mass, but James was saying how I was never on MSN these days, so I told him I'd log in more. I'm on "Busy" all the time now though.

More Zelda. Lots of sailing and mapping today.

It came to about 1930, and I thought we could watch Zoolander, so we did, and it was good after all, I wasn't just in a funny mood when I watched it the first time. The thing about it though is that it uses up most of the good jokes in the first half hour and gets kinda tedious before the denouement(sp?), after which it become fine again. Even Paul 'attention-span' Rees watched a goodly portion of it, so it must have been rather compelling.

Then more Zelda, in a really cool bit where Link and this girl who can fly had to co-operate to get through the dungeon. Some very satisfying puzzles, and I got to blow a fair number of things up, and provide a couple of handy hints.