Saturday 24 May 2003

This morning I woke up on the floor of the front room, over the metal divide that separates the kitchen (mop) area from the carpet (hoover) area. I had my quilt and a pillow, and leftover raw carrot between my teeth. The bizarre thing is that I remember exactly how it happened.

My anthology arrived yesterday, and I spent quite some time listening to that rather than doing work. Foolish Mark. Whilst we were bumming around in the front room, Andy dropped a bombshell; a host of his friends were coming over to watch TV. And I was all like "Uh, I had my schedule all worked out dude.", and he was all like "Big Brother, Have I got News for You and Big Brother?", and I was like "Yeah." And we all lived happily ever after. TOTP2 was bipartite; Three good songs and then a flood of tosh. After TOTP[1] had finished we went to Ozzy's to get cheap alcohol. 2L Barnstormer, the cheap and nasty cider of choice.

Andy's friends descended on the house, and occupied two chairs only, for there were only two of them. This was not what I had been led to expect, but never mind. They were Dan and Cathy if I'm not very much mistaken (and I may very well be). I had met Dan once before. He's living with James and I next year. Andy maintains that he is "a top bloke", and I saw no signs to the contrary. He seems to have a bit of a crossword fetish, but naturally this is merely a charming quirk rather than a stain on his character. Cathy was particularly enthusiatic about two things. Firstly her boots, which she purchased from The Real McCoy for £10. She kept on trying to get us to admire them by humming a kind of ad hoc boot theme song and raising the leg of her jeans to give a better view. She was also loving our fish and wanted to steal them, especially the phantom menace. She obliterated Paul's drawing on the side of the tank and created her own... creation... on the side of the tank... I think she said that they needed scenery because they don't have any plants.

Charlie that showed up a bit later. He and Andy sat outside being "contemplative" for a while, but in the grand scheme of things he wasn't here very long. Some time before midnight they wandered off. We played wanker, but I was very much in the wrong frame of mind for it. I ended up throwing some of my cider at Andy. Oops. Much tedious apologising later Andy randomly mentioned that he might bring his "duvet" downstairs. I love sleeping in impractical places, and the cheap cider gave me added incentive to bomb upstairs and grab mine. So I fell asleep in the kitchen to Spaced Series 2, which Neil had brought back earlier in the day. And I felt a bit peckish, so I snacked on half a raw carrot.