Saturday 3 May 2003

Played still more Zelda today with James. Andy came in intermittently to make light of our social skills, but he doesn't seem to be doing anything interesting lately, so nyeh. He went, I think, for a consulatation with Toni and Guy's, so they can tell him what kind of hair to have. He's having it short. I'd better get my hair cut too at some point, which means that our hairy house will have been shorn. Absolutely shocking. Mino finds it odd that me and James are devoting so much time to a console game also.

After much sadness, dropping bombs on beautifully rendered yet villainous congregations of pixels, I wandered over to Nina's house. She suggested on MSN that I drop by at some point, and I seized on this as an excellent opportunity to see the outside of our house. It occurred to me that a nice walk would be the ideal way to do this, so that's what we did. Nina said she hadn't walked along the river, so we just followed it down for a while. I kept on being enthusiastic about nice mundane things, like ducks and trees and grass and bridges, but Nina couldn't see what the fuss was about for a little while. I proceeded to enquire where her sense of adventure might be found, after which her imagination bodied forth an intricate jungle adventure, primarily involving flight from various cannibalistic tribes. It was fun. Popped into Nina's for a little while after that. Discovered that, among her throng of MSN contacts is a chap called Anton, who just showed up online one day apparently to enquire what Exeter was like, as he's coming next year. I thought that was pretty funny. He was asking about the Exeter delta today, and windsurfing.

Adrian and Emma have got their IT together, and I found a message upon my return, after playing a tiny bit more Zelda, indicating that Emma'd got MSN installed. Nice. I guess this might also mean MSN conversations with Adrian - I can't remember that ever having happened before.