Friday 2 May 2003

My alarm went off at 0800 this morning, and I found my limbs ill-disposed to accede to the premeditated course of action. So I stayed in bed and finished off reading Edward II. It was pretty interesting, lots of reversal of sympathy - not one of my favourites though.

After I fell out of bed, I discovered, via the Radar Station, that the Magic Band show I had missed was archived on Radio 1, on John Peel's show! I'm listening to it being magically transferred to miniaturedisc :) There was fire alarm in the middle of it apparently. I'm sure everyone left in an orderly fashion, because I saw a review of it somewhere that said the audience comprised almost entirely of middle-aged men and their reluctant wives. They sounded pretty up for it, venerability notwithstanding. As per usual, the BBC recording crew did a sterling job - it all sounds nice and crunchy. Whoever's playing the harmonica isn't a patch on Don though. Feeler's Reebo hit the long lunar note in Big Eyed Beans from Venus and, furthermore, let it float - that's just weird, as I'm sure you'll agree. I also discovered that on John Peel's shows at least, there's a "skip 5 mins" button, for when you're not entirely sure that you want to listen to the rest of his extended mix of Belgian sousaphone techno.

When I went downstairs I found a postcard from Will and Rosie. Thanks guys :) Lemurs are kinda cool I thought. I remember drawing one that was at Marwell zoo. Viva Angleterre.