Friday 28 March 2003

It's tricky to rock a rhyme
To rock a rhyme that's right on time
It's tricky
[...]
It's Run DMC and Jammaster J!


Cheh, I dunno. It's always the same with Run DMC choons, you wait all week for one and then two come along at once. The first was in the morning, listening to Sara Cox (I must have been delerious), the second at the end of work, which really cheered me up. Or maybe it was just finishing work.

Work was not at all bad today. However, someone did that thing where they pretend to have played a practical joke on you, and really they haven't. I wasn't put out by it, the jest being with sincere good humour I think, but I have never understood what exactly is funny about such things. A representative dialogue, with my actual thoughts instead of words being used:

WAG Mate, there's something on your back...
ME [Looks] Where?
WAG Hehe, just joshing.
ME Were you, by Jove? How lovely for you. Pray excuse me while my sides split.

I mean, I don't mind unless it's done with malice, as it usually isn't, but what's funny about gratuitous lying?

Immediately after the second Run DMC song was one by Misteeq. Now I may as well come right out and say that I rather like Misteeq for two reasons: Primarily because of that one awesome woman in it, Alesha Dixon, who shouts rather excitingly and secondly, because the more successful they become the more cockney they become. I find this rather endearing, despite typically being indifferent to the concept of cockney. I do wonder however, whether they might not have done irreparable damage to the words "mystique" and "Alicia"...

I am eating a quiche. It succeeds the murray mint and the cup of tea I have formerly had marvelously. Update: I have eaten the quiche. It was good.

I got a lift home from my parents tonight. They were driving back from Guilford after seeing Nicholas Dobson: Live and in Concert!. It's a pity I couldn't see the blighter myself, but I'm sure he performed excellently.