Monday 24 March 2003

Well, I've just got back from the pub, whose name I can't remember, where I was on the victorious side in a pub quiz with Ruth, whose name I can remember, and a couple of her mates. It was nice, but very quiet. There were only actually two teams, but we still won respectably: only got 10 questions wrong, which is apparently a team record. Well what can I say? Her friends weren't very communicative. Dave, whom I have met three times, is a person that I have never encountered when sober. He was solipsistically merry, but smiling benignly. Her other friend, Lawrence/Laurence was the same, but rather more reserved than he was cheerful. He occasionally became very enthusiastic regarding the accuracy of our answers. I shall see a film with Ruth on Sunday hopefully.

On the drive back