Monday 7 July 2003

Dad dropped me off in town and I paid in a cheque for him. Then I went to the Jobcentre and arranged an appointment for Friday. The chap took some details and gave me a pack full of forms to fill in. He asked me if I was Nigel Dobson's brother; close. On Friday, I shall try to look as though I was kicked out of university after a disagreement re. The Phantom Menace. Phone battery next. I needed a new one, as it keeps dying mid-conversation. I had ordered one, at a cost of £25, to 5 Kingdom Mews, but I don't live there anymore, so thats more money down the drain. This kind of thing always happens to me. Gavin had the same trouble. If you're reading this Gavin, I'd still appreciate you sending my mail on if you, by any chance, get hold of it. My parents have the same phone, so maybe they can have it as a spare. I mananged to get a battery in town though. I thought I would have a quick look in the Rock Box, though resolved to spend less than £5. I emerged with "Pin" (Yeah Yeah Yeahs, £2.99) and "In a Room" (Dodgy, £0.50), althought I was sorely tempted by Lounge against the Machine a compilation of lounge settings of alternative standards.

Naturally, I'm back now. Dad found a Marks and Spencer jumper (Cardigan? I'm not actually sure how one defines a cardigan) in our car and was asking how it might have come there. Do you have a clothing defecit Mino? That might be it.