Thursday 31 July 2003

Hi guys. Just got back from a very pleasant evening at Ruth's, and having seen off Shinwa (well played btw) at Flash penalty shootouts, I am here to tell you about said evening. I hope you enjoy the fruits of my labours. If not, I suppose I will have wasted your time. Either way - score!

So yes, after a hearty meal of faggots, mushy peas and chips (though I don't really go in for mushy peas, the sight of them clogging up the freezer was starting to get to me) we set off for Ruth's, listening to Jeeves and the Feudal Spirit as we went along. Nicholas had not heard of Jeeves and Wooster, or of Wodehouse, but he seemed to enjoy it, and we chuckled along merrily, and I suspect he may determined the source of certain peculiarities of recent Markan speech.

We played a couple of games of Jenga, and I knocked it down both times because I suck. However, at Scrabble I did rather well. This is unusual despite my knowledge of many things verbal because I never do get the right letters whereas this time I was richly supplied with individual high-scoring letters and a splendid supporting cast of nouns. We had some good words, inherently I mean, not score-wise. Here are some of the highlights.
  • Hyenas

  • Slake

  • Brio

  • Feign

It was all very pleasant, and the conversation very amiable and natural and it was great. And then we drove home, listening to more Jeeves and Wooster.