Wednesday 2 July 2003

Songbird sweet and sour Jane, and music is my aeroplane. Someone better slap Flea.

Today was a day of orderliness, at least to begin with - I tidied the kitchen a bit, washed up most of the washing up and then tidied my room.

I think most people must have got their results today, because everyone was asking me whether I had, but I'm getting mine tomorrow. I can't work out when tomorrow though. I'll try going up at midday.

I didn't know whether to leave on Friday or Saturday, but Mino assisted my choice by asking me whether I wouldn't mind transporting his Italian possessions from hither to thither. A helpful use of the car, huzzah! John is leaving Exeter tomorrow. It hadn't sunk in, and it still hasn't really. James said it'll probably be like, in a week or so, we'll think "I quite fancy going to the pub with John and Joe" and we won't be able to,and that's very bad. I think Andy not being here will be the absolute strangest and not good thing. I rather gatehr that he will visit Exeter a fair bit though; I think he has shedloads of friends who are still here. John was returning a book of mine (It's jolly good) and he thought, as did we, that we should do something on his last evning in Exeter. Pub it is.

I said something about my stolen cushions (they were going to be thrown out) and James said we should move them to Cowley Bridge Road. As I had a bike to take over, and some forms, and we didn't know where there was to park over there, James and I went over, parked in the chaplaincy car park and did things. Adam had gone home already, so I stashed my bike and cushions up there. Then we just stayed in Adam's room, James, myself, Norris, Luke and another chap who I will probably never see again, which makes it less of an issue whether I know his name or not. I noticed Chris Moyles was on, so we left.

We had an ecumenical BBQ to go to before going to the pub. It was alright. Neither James or I thought we had our money's worth. At one point a guy loudly recommended "www.sologuitar" Little Mark kept trying to invent jokes of the formulaic kind. He started with the question and wondered what the answer would be, like this poser: "Why did Mr. T cross the road?" Naturally all such questions can be answered with reference to the original joke. I wonder why that joke even took off actually... It was the last Wednesday mass before next year so I thought we should probably go. We rushed to John's house to say we might be a little late, but he was in the middle of eating dinner anyway. Then we rushed to chaplaincy. And there was a mass going down. LT has started painting her car with eccentricity.

After that we did go to the pub. Paul came as well, but Joe and Jenny were off clubbing. We started talking about the reformation. James said that Elizabeth brought in the new religion. I maintained that it was Henry, because making himself the head of the church seemed fairly innovative to me. James and I both knew that Henry didn't change much practice though. Anyway, I'm right. The Artful is under new management. We then went to John's roof,but I think James has probably blogged all that, and I'm running out of interest in this entry.