Friday 18 July 2003

Well, I'm still looking for work, so the first thing I did this morning was to phone the agencies I had registered with to check if they had any jobs. They didn't. I looked in the paper to see if they had any temporary jobs. They did not. I looked on www.fish4.co.uk to see if they had temporary jobs. They did not. So I went to the Jobcentre, and they said they'd give me £43 for two weeks. While I was in town I checked my balance, and was gratified to find that I have enough real money to pay for my first term'sa rent, which is something like £750. Good news. Nick and I had gone to town together, splitting up to do our respective things. By a happy co-incidence, we seemd to finish at the same time. Thus it was that I snuck up behind Nicholas and tapped him on the shoulder, having stealthily matched his footsteps. Perhaps I could get work as a ninja.

When we got back, we found an answerphone message saying that Mum and Dad were to be back in about two hours, so we set about doing the washing up - dating from Sunday. It was icky, and I had a little go at radiating disapproval. Whilst doing the washing up we had an argument in recitative. I can't remeber what it was about, but it doesn't really matter.

In the evening we all played countdown whist, which was a game we played at the house once, Ella washere I think, but it didn't go well, because no-one was bothering to pay attention. We paid attention, and it was fun, though it did go on longer than I would have liked.