Sunday 27 April 2003

Gah. I am hemmed in on all (two) sides by other blogs which have already reported various facets of my life. Ah well - the thing to do, I suppose, would be to ignore them and just blog anyway. Firstly, Gavin and Rebekah fancied a meal out and asked us all if we wanted to come too, which we did, apart from Mino, who is emotionally vulnerable as his computer keeps going bleugggh. I was cooking my tea when they left, and by the time I had arrived they'd only just gone to order despite the fact that James knew what he was going to order, and Paul only had chips, which, amusingly, had some 'erb or other on them. Gavin ate his barbequed ribs with a knife and fork - meat is just wasted on these people. I wonder what he wanted the napkins for then? Gavin was quite amusing, once unintentionally and once intentionally. I forget the latter, but he just said out of the blue that "I've been reading the history of KFC on the internet." Well, I guess you had to be there. And be me. And be in a bizarre mood. For some reason I went back to the house after all this, despite the fact that I was going to be at the Impy later anyway.

I got there bang on time - goodness knows why I think it's necessary to be on time when going to a pub - walked around, saw no-one and got scared so I waited outside and, presently, Nina, Wouter, Hoyas, Liam, Jen, and Jen's boyfriend, whose name I can't remember but to be fair it's the frst time I'd ever met him, appeared out of the darkness. We took a while to get settled down, because chairs were scarce, but after that it was good. Nina thought I was bored, but I was merely reticent, as I tend to be when meeting people.* Listening's good. It was a bit loud though, which is my pet peeve regarding pretty much any kind of establishment where the ostensible purpose is for social interaction. Right, I've spent too long blogging. G'bye.

Oh, but I can't, by any means, leave out that Andy's back. He, as he says, had the most dramatic re-entry. He's bought a new BB Gun (is that how you spell it? - nyeh.) and proceeded to shoot James with it, who responded like a cross between Batfink, in the intro sequence, and a very bored northener. So we chatted and then watched clips from Monkeyball story mode, and then I thought I should go to bed.