Wednesday 9 April 2003

Good morning. Up slightly earlier than normal this morning. Just got bored. Nicholas was channel-hopping this morning and lighted on "Smells like Teen Spirit", a deeply over-rated and over-played song. I said how weird it was to see Dave Grohl with hair. Nicholas enquired whether said Grohl was in Nirvana.

After this I went back to bed and ran through some of the games on Konami Arcade Advance. I must be on form today, cos I really kicked ass on Yie-ar-kung-fu!, getting to the penultimate character whereas I had not reached the halfway mark before then. It is a very hard game compared to most contemporary fighters. Older games always liked to throw you in at the deep end didn't they? You start with three lives - if you lose a round, you lose a life - simple. Virtua Fighter 4, which I highly recommend, gets insanely complicated and involved, but it does have a learning curve. I also figured out the controls for Time Pilot and Gyruss, which were both giving me problems, so that was nice. My frog-guiding abilities, however, were not so laudable.

Perhaps I should eat something and have a shower. Yes, that would be the wisest course.