Saturday 26 April 2003

Today's Gospel (Luke 24:35-48) reminds me of my own weakness at times. There have been times in which I was seeking direction from God, especially during my study of the ancient Church, when I wanted a sign. I needed proof that either I was headed in the right direction or that I was travelling down the wrong road. God never walked into my room and explained Himself to me. There were no streaks of lightning in the sky to spell out God's will for me. When I read passages like this I always wonder why I don't ever have signs in my Christian walk. Then I remember Jesus' teaching, "Because you have seen Me, have you believed? Blessed are they who did not see, and yet believed." (John 20:29).
It's quite reassuring to think that Mr. Shinwa, who has a blog with scrupulously laudable aims, and speaks in Christian*, unlike mine and James' which recount "what someone had for dinner, when they got up etc", had similar issues to myself when he was looking at the early church.