Monday 28 April 2003

Hello. I've been reading rather a lot of Mark Shea's stuff today. S'very good I think. I reluctantly wandered up to campus to do assorted stuff, including, but not limited to, idly wandering over to accounts to look in the window, see the queue and not bother going in. This is in stark contrast to Nina's response, which was one of anxiety. I was in the process of returning the library's copy of Metaphysics after picking up my very own copy to cherish yet disagree with when I ran across one of my English group who were shambolically trying to get a study group together. So we did that, until we ran out of time to discuss our lack of ideas.

The seminar went okay. In a gimmicky way, Karen Edwards (who is a lovely person - all of our lecturers seem to be) has set up the whole module so that we take responsibility for teaching each other. One of the results of this is that our seminars are a bit samey. For instance, every week we seem to have split into two groups, one of which argues for the sanity of the principal protagonist in the current play, the other for their insanity. We (I) had the easy job today, arguing that Giovanni in 'Tis Pity She's a Whore is mental.
Enter Giovanni with a heart upon his dagger

Its a good place to start from, no? I was really rather vociferous, and despite knowing nothing about the nature of mental disorders, debated said topic not heatedly, but solidly, I think. After this I had a chat with Jess, who's in my seminar group, but with whom I have not spoken properly for some time. This was nice, because Jess is nice.

Some people have been independently suggesting that I'm intelligent today. I don't think I'm particularly modest, but such a convergence of praise makes me feel a little edgy.

Ran into various people and felt nervous today - Jen, who I really only met yesterday, ditto Liam, as well as two choral society committee members who I know. I hope no-one who I do not see on a regular basis takes my irrational anxiety about talking to them personally. Unfortunately it seems rather likely.