Saturday 9 August 2003

If I don't update for a while, it'll maybe be because our computer's died. Dad and Neil think it's over-heating.

Nick and I were bored and trying to think of some stuff to do. We wanted to play Comet Busters so we thought we'd try and set up a peer-to-peer connection, but my computer is made of string. If you install all the neccessary network components on my computer and then tick the box that says, "I want to share my files - why the hell else would I want all these network components?" it politely asks you to restart and then reloads without changing anything at all. So I ticked the box and restarted a few times, and now we're going to play scrabble instead.

* * *

Scrabble was fun. We played one game wherein I almost won, and then one in which I did win. I played three words simultaneously at one point whilst picking up one of the corner triple word scores - satisfying. It was odd that I won the second game, as I had received a fairly thorough dosage of alcohol. I had a Smirnoff Ice, which seemed reasonable, and a gin and tonic, which again seems reasonable, althought not likely to improve my game much (I thought). Trouble is, Nicholas decided he didn't want his gin and tonic, and Dad helpfully decided that I could drink it. He then suggested mixing gin and Ortali 50/50, which sounded dubious even at the time. Fortunately, I decided to try a little in a glass first, and as it tasted not only lethal, but pretty weird, so I stopped, which is just as well. I was in a dashed good mood though.