Tuesday 5 August 2003

More Bible Club today. I suppose it doesn't warrant italicisation actually. Owing, presumably, to the sterling service yesterday, everyone was very eager to be drinking today from the off, which made it rather more difficult. One person kept coming in and making drinks for everybody and generally making me feel more useless than I might. Anyway, I made a tolerable Jesus, and I don't think I am going to be called upon to do it again. Huzzah! On the other hand, the person who was going to be running the little christian-stuff shop table thing had to go, and someone asked me to do that. I am the wrong person to manage such as thing I feel, but after much disorganisation, that was over too, and I could get back to being quietly and steadily useful. This is by far the most effective form of Mark. And now I suppose I shall carry on reading Emma which I've nearly finished. feeling that in the next thirty pages there must be some unexpected twist, because things are strangely looking up. Hmm.