Thursday 7 August 2003

In case you felt like looking at the timestamp below to see when I wrote this, and then worked out that it was impossible for me, at 1800 to talk about a film I watched at 2030, well I can only apologise. I'm not sure I can be bothered blogging when I get back - I need sleep for the final day of the Bible Club. Anyway, here's what I did/will do in the evening of this fine English day in the temperate zone.

There was a BBQ on for the bible club, which I might have gone to, but I mistimed everything, and only got Nick and I a pizza done and eaten just in time to go to Ruth's and then on to Basingstoke cinema. Basingstoke, we had been warned, was difficult to navigate. Nick and I felt the case had been rather over-stated, as with only a handful of directions (M3 to Basingstoke, off at J6, over one roundabout, left at the next, look out for a cinema) we got in pretty easily, in plenty of time to see T3. £3.50 it was, with student discount- a definite improvement on £6.25 at Bracknell. We had allowed tonnes of time, so Nick and I had a blast at a couple of shooters. Time Crisis II was in operation, so we had a quick go at one called something like Robot Ninja Assault which was pretty fun. And then Time Crisis as it was free. Ruth, as per, pitched her wits against a trivia machine.

T3 would be an easy film to criticise if you felt like it. I don't. It was fun, just a lot of action strung together, with some very self-consciously daft moments thrown in.

The drive home, I would have liked a warning for. We followed signs for the M3E and ended up on the A30, not being sure for a fairly large proportion of the time, whetehr or not we were going in the right direction. And then to bed. I was a bit knackered actually.