Thursday 28 August 2003

Just got back from Pizza Hut. Rather good. Blog properly later. Must get to sleep; early start tomorrow.

Update: Hello. Well this was a very pleasant evening. The catalyst for it was that Nicola Watson, who is one of Adrian's friends and who went with myself Adrian and Ruth to a bible study group called Sunday plus in the last parish in Farnborough, was back from Jersey where she now lives, married with some guy I haven't run into yet. Indeed, I haven't even seen her since before university, and now, as I may have mentioned, I've graduated, so that's pretty weiord. I had a chance to see her last year at a kind of second wedding reception she had, but I couldn't get back. She wasn't back in fantastic circumstances, as her grandmother is ill, but she did want to see some of her friends who she hadn't in a while. They would have gone out somewhere posh, but unemployed 'ol me was the limiting factor, so Pizza Hut it was. I don't think anybody minded anyway. Dad offered me a lift, and then didn't. Neil did however, so I got to have a drink outside of the house which was nice.

Neil picked up Ruth and Nicola and we met grumpy Sarah and her current squeeze Simon who I haven't run into before. I can get away with calling grumpy Sarah grumpy Sarah because Ruth doesn't have the internet. She was in good spirits after a token period of grumpiness though. We talked of many things, including films especially. Probably because Nicola mentioned that Jersey had got a ten screen multiplex. It was nice, and Nicola left the crusts, and I was aghast, at least until I ate them, whereafter I was satisfied. I had a Margerita, but Simon left a slice of his meat-based one and I had it; if you must cook animals, you might at least not waste it.