Friday 29 August 2003

Off to Lille. The mots justes will probably follow tomorrow.

Update: Nicholas wrote some very creditable mots. You should read them if you want to know what I got up to. I'll say some other stuff later, but I'm tired and I want to go to bed. Fare well.

I'm rereading it now, and working out what I might add:

  • I didn't much fancy porridge that had been left out overnight, so I had Kellog's Just Right. It was delicious.

  • We didn't play I-Spy in the tunnel.

  • The Warm Goat's Cheese Salad was great, but it did have unexpected bacon.

  • The only word of French which I spoke to anyone French that day was "Merci".

  • Nicholas, I gather, doesn't know much about art, but he knows what he likes. He was keen to point out that he felt most people spent too long looking at paintings. He gets the gist and moves on he says. I started slowly, looking at the informative English language cards for the rooms, but went sped up, as time pressed. I wish I has worked out that the medieval stuff was in the basement. I probably would have started down there.

  • The pictures of Christ coming down from the cross were good.

  • I had some Lipton Ice Tea. I didn't, as Nicholas noted, play bingo, or get a mullet thereafter.

  • I left my coat at Nan's. It's black, faded and it's got a pocket NIV and my passport in it.