Friday 20 June 2003

Just got back from town.

Laundry day today. Ella was keeping vigil by the back door, which meant that I could use it too, and lent variety to the proceedings. There's not much that you can do in between stages of laundry, but you can pray, so I did. I looked at some more job stuff on the information superhighway, but none of it was very helpful. I started on the washing up but fortunately/unfortunately, Neil phoned to say that he had £25 worth of unspent travel expenses, and would I care to eat some of it? I need a new phone battery, as I keep running out in conversations, which is what happened this time. When I was trying to rush out of the house, James Dean tried to call me, bu I had locked my phone in my room recharging, so that didn't quite come off. Turns out he was inviting me out for lunch too. Fancy that. Like the whole you-never-see-a-bus-on-its-own thing.

Krishna last time, Mormons this time, but they never spoke to me. Also there were some people dressed as superheroes; I guess they were collecting for charity. Met Neil outside of Tescos and we proceeded to walk down to "Exeter's historic quayside" for lunch. Neil had a burger and I had a ploughmans,which was nice. He seems to be getting on with the old horology rather well. We opted to find pudding somewhere cheaper. Out we came and bought ice-cream. I had stem ginger ice-cream which was interesting. I think I'll stick with fruit though. I highly recommend the blackberry. Neil had heard tell of a secondhand bookshop, Bill Greenhalgh way, so I endeavoured to find a sensible route to get there. I wasn't in the mood for shopping, so I said bye and left him to it. Popped in to a couple of music shops to try and ascertain the starting price of a new acoustic guitar; 'bout £115-120. On the way home I saw Ella on the other side if the road and thus informed her. She doesn't think she wants a guitar though, fearing for her fingers.

And then I spilt some water on my keyboard - whoops.