Sunday 29 June 2003

Hello. Just got back from church. I would have blogged yesterday, but Dad always turns the computer off when he goes to bed, and I couldn't be bothered sitting through Windoze' loading screens. Nothing much happened yesterday. I got up at the usual time, and looked in the Yellow Pages for work agencies to visit on Monday. I have brought my suit and my haircut with me, you see. Emma suggested I give myslef a typing test to prove I have fingers on my CV. I shall return after this venture, either on Monday evening if I can face it, for I don't really like to arrive somewhere midday, but otherwise on Tuesday. I was going to come back in our naff liitle red car, the Nissan Micra, but Dad had a trademark last-minute idea of lending me the Citroen Xantia for the week. That's what's happening now. Once I get over the anxiety about driving it into a wall, that'll be cool. It's got ridiculous suspension, a CD player and a pretty good ventilation system, though, as anyone who has ever driven with me will know, I prefer the window to be open.

I gave Nick a lift to work about midday. I hope he gets his license before uni. I hope his blog gets more verbose when he's there. I guess it all depends how much unadulterated computer access you get. I was toying with the idea of going into town to investigate the council offices for temporary vacancies, but the lift put a stop in that plan, and I felt lazy thereafter. So I finished The Horse and his Boy. Andy and Charlie were saying how racist the Narnia books are, and Andy said that it started with The Horse and his Boy. He "didn't like those Arabs" (ay-rabs). No I suppose they didn't come out of it too well did they. The Babylonians don't come out of it to well in the OT though. Hmm. I wonder if it gets worse... Also practised the songs for tomorrow.

I watched Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid for the first time yesterday. The old truism - bad people are cool, and good people boring. It's my primary complaint against Ocean's Eleven too. Think upon't; Who are those guys?