Friday 6 June 2003

Elevator lady [4x]
Lady levitate me

If all in all is true [3x]
If all is true
Won't you please fawn over me [4x]

Not a great deal happened to me this afternoon. On the other hand, I did watch Amélie, a film whose pleasantry quite overcame me. So that was nice. In attempting to get that link for you, I type in "imbd" instead of "imdb" which resulted in one of those arbitrary pretend search engine things. I wonder if anyone ever uses them. I for one always prefer to move on to the site I wanted to begin with. Nina walked past our window today, as is her wont. Either she was less observant than usual, or in a bad mood because she did not respond to my hailing (gesticulatory). Hopefully it is the former :/

Disappointed to find no TotP2 today; some rubbish about horse-racing instead, that most tedious of betting opportunities. Neither was TotP proper particularly inspring. Today was Colin and Edith's TotP debut. They were just as non-entitytastic as anyone else ever is. Something about TotP-hosting brings out the tediously vapid in people I think. Ginuwine stroked his ego thusly: "Say we love you Ginuwine." I heard no response from anyone other than the backing singers - serves the tedious goit right. We are now to call Emma Bunton "Emma" it would seem. Sorry everyone else called Emma, you may soon have to preface your names with the indefinite article. You don't mind do you? Oddly, her new single is basically a Bond theme tune. I suppose it must have been deliberate, for she had a dress that looked like Ursula Andress's bikini. For the record, now is I suppose the appropriate juncture at which to state that I'm not sure that Halle Berry is particularly attractive. More than Lucy Liu at least. Okay - S-club. Who splits up after four years?

I've been reading my new toy, A New Eusebius today, and I thought I would note down some things that arrested my attention. Firstly a persistent belief in the Sibyl among many early Christians, whoever she might be. Some controversy on the ability of a person to repent; some maintained that there was only one repenetance, and that was at baptism. It also seems that Justin, a church father according to earlychristianwriting.com's indexing system advocated the worship of angels. These are things that I feel I should take a look at at some point. Also, a timely reminder of the precedent of Christian behaviour.