Thursday 5 June 2003

Hello, my friend! Schtay a while and listen. I haven't done this blogging a day thing for ages. I've sort of gorgotten how it is achieved. Nevertheless, this is an attempt. One description of this morning might be that I wasted it. On the other hand, you might simply say that I dusted my blog template down and tried to make it all shiny and new. I should probably assume a sympathetic audience; go me!

Computers are dangerous things. They provide a mechanism for keeping oneself busy without creating an apparent necessity of personal hygeine. I knew, when I woke up this morning, that my face had been somewhat underwashed of late. This should have meant a quick wash and shave at 8030 approx, but I emerged from my becurtained den about 1230 to eat various snacks purchased in a very atypically expensive shop at Alphington Sainsbury's in Paul's car the other day. He bought a Pixies album; I was both surprised and impressed. Also he had purchased a Sigur Ros album, which reminded me of the thoroughly boring sort of band that Radiohead have become of late. It's nothing to do with accessibility folks - Radiohead are just crap these days. After this, I did a bit of washing up to Idlewild.

Had an idea to watch a film this evening, as everyone has exams on and would prob feel bad about going to the pub. John, poor lad, is stressing about exams coming up, so he said he probably shouldn't come round, but Joe, James and I ended up watching Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai. As a rule of thumb, if you would like James to appreciate a film, it is best not to praise it in any manner. I don't much anyway, but as Andy wasn't here to say that it was an awesome film, I reckon it was an altogether more rounded viewing experience.

When Joe left, it was 2200; Big Brother time. Only started watching it recently. I think the decision to evict Anouska over Jon was a bit too perverse really, but I think I'd rather have Justine leave this week, and I think I'm on the same wavelength as the BB majority. I can't work up enough enthusiasm to vote though. Poor Federico I say. I don't know how he screwed up last time, but this time round, he just seems to have stumbled into antipathy.

I am taking an opportunity to say here that as I have finished early like every other workshy English student, I am offering my services as errand runner. Any requests?