Thursday 19 June 2003

Today. Having issues remembering today. It was a bit boring. I needed to do things while James and Ella were off riding a tandem and flying kites in Exmouth. I filled in a form to say I was interested in doing a Graduate Business Placement sometime around next term. That would be a good thing to do. I also investigated how one gets into librarianship and local government. In both cases they have applications for graduates, and in both cases I have predictably missed the boat. There's always next year for the librarian jobby, but it's a pity, because they take on people at the uni library. I really like the uni library. I am given to understand that there are temporary vacancies in local government relatively frequently, so when I do interviews for temping agencies I should mention that. Emma has sent me her CV to peruse. I don't think I need to do too much work on mine, so I should finally do it tomorrow. The guy at careers reccommended that I talk to someone at the public and university libraries about what it's like to work in one. I hate that kind of thing. "Hello, can I interrupt you in your work to ask vague and ill-formed questions?" Bleh.

Nothing's ever on telly these days, 'cept Big Brother. Given the amount of cheese with which the show is laden, I suppose I shouldn't be surprised, but I really thought that the superhero thing sucked. I'm not sure who I want out tomorrow. Jon is the only person who I'm bored with, but then I understand it's a double eviction; damn gimmicks. In terms of all-round, good-blokeness, I guess I want Cameron to win. However, trying as Fed might be, I don't want him out. He's having a hard time in there, but he's trying, and he doesn't seem more malevolent than incompetent. Poor Fed. And they've got food this week. How exciting for them. Everyone was having a go at the vegetarians. Gah. Will and James will be partly responsible if I ever become a militant vegetarian.