Saturday 14 June 2003

Got up around 0940. Forgot to turn my alarm off. First significant thing was finding James back from his exam far in advance of its close. Assisted some more with Resident Evil, and then dragged him off to Sainsbury's where we purchased ingredients for CathSoc tomorrow. We're cooking you see. After this they won't want us back. We're going to make some pasta and fruit salad - separate bowls. It cost more than I was expecting. I think I'd better pay for some of it myself. There is usually recompense.

When we got back, we spent some time in the back garden, such as it is, reading. Shortly before, Mino's friend who is a girl, Christiana, came by. While we moved all the furniture out of the kitchen, they conversed in Italian. To start with, Mino spoke at a curiously atypical lower pitch. If it wasn't to sound more manly, I don't know to what this should be attributed. He talked normally for a while, but then diverged into making curious and comical noises for them both to laugh at. James and I sat outside first. He was reading a Mark Shea, and I, the book of Job, which I think I'm right in saynig is the oldest book in the bible. Gavin said he was going to read the Beano, to which I retorted that I was being "holier than" him. Paul joined us to do some revision, and after a while John came by wit shopping and came and read some of 1 Thessalonians and Revelation. He liked my homemade tabs, but also pointed out that I had done it all wrong round 1 Thes. Nina and Laurence (sp?) also swang by. She said my hair looked nice. We got some random stuff rom the UTC to eat as well.

Gavin and Rebekah came round to watch Casualty. I was obviously in an odd mood, as I watched it with them. Very strange. Then Big Brother, which was pretty funny. Big Brother's always pretty anal in its instructions. Luckily, Jon was there to be uber-anal and point out that, in Big Brother directions, a preposition is a very bad thing to end a sentence with. If you can't provide an actual reason why you shouldn't end a sentence with a preposition (as I defy anyone to) then you shouldn't mock those at a different level of verbal smugness. Might as well say that split infinitives are fine too. That's Latin grammar.

Discovered it's Mino's birthday tomorrow! He kept it fairly quiet, but somehow Rebekah found out, and Gavin told me.