Thursday 12 June 2003

Woke up this morning very early; all this sun and stuff. Andy was in the front room at breakfast time, this being a relibale indicator of a morning exam. I was feeling very, uh flat, and Andy suggested going for a bike ride as a way to clear my head up. It didn't work exactly, but after a brief cycle down and alittle past the quayside, I felt better. When I got back I tried to pack some stuff. Mum and Dad were coming down for a bit, and offered to take some stuff back, so now my shelves lack videos and most of my fiction. Still got Jackson's Dillema and Arthurian Romances if I feel that way inclined though. I threw out a lot of stuff in the process and sorted through three years of English notes; it looked pretty pathetic to be honest, but I think I've done alright despite it. I had an idea I might predict myself a grade based on hard facts, but I gave up after a while. I found both my essays from Evolutions and Revolutions. I think Angelique may have despised me, as she gave both of them by far my worst marks. I aced the exam though, and pulled the module up to almost a first. Go me. Almost a first seems to be what I'm getting. Have I metnioned that already. I'm starting to doubt my capacities though, presumbaly irrationally. I still have no mark for my dissertation, which seemed pretty nebulous at the time and accounts for a quarter of this years marks. Ah well.

Mum and Dad turned up at midday, and we walked up to Pizza Express for lunch. We didn't talk about much except my future, which I happen to consider a rather depressing subject. Mum was really tired from being on call, so she and I came back to the house while Dad pootled about in town. She had a nap while I worked on my CV some more, nearly finishing it. Dad came back for Countdown, so we all watched that, and then they went of for tea at a friend's place. I forget what happened after that - nothing much I think.